Thursday, July 3, 2014

21 Day Fix: Day #16: I Have Been Known to Be Wrong From Time to Time But I'm Afraid I'm Right

21 Day Fix: Day #16: I Have Been Known To Be Wrong
 
My love for David Mayfield is real. It is. From the moment I saw him and all the energy and passion that he puts into his performance just consumed me. (Not to mention that he is adorable!)
This here is a pic of us from like 2010. I remember I said, "Let's do something crazy!" So I was smooched on the cheek. (swoon)
This is from Bristol Rhythm and Roots. (double swoon)

This is when we were grinding in the crowd together at BRRR. ( triple swoon! It was a great time!)
 
Anyway, this song that he did is one of my favorites, especially that line in the chorus that says, "Sometimes the path in front of me is not the one I choose to lead but I try."
I guess that we all feel like this sometimes. We all feel like we are on a path that we don't want to be on sometimes. When you feel like that the best that you can do is, well the best that you can.
I've been on a path like that before. I was going down a path that I didn't want to be on, but I didn't know how to get off of it so I just did the best that I could. I focused on survival and that was about all that I could focus on.
Then there are times that your path is leading you in the right direction but it's not what you want (or think that you want). You are going in the direction that you need to be going and maybe in your heart you know this, but it's not where your plans were leading you.
Sometimes the way that you want to go is hard and sometimes it's not. Sometimes it actually will lead to destruction and sometimes it won't.
 
The song is called "I Have Been Known to Be Wrong from Time to Time But I'm Afraid I'm Right", sometimes we have to make hard decisions in life. We have to decide to move, to change careers, to end a relationship, to make some other kind of life change. It can be hard. Really hard.
Sometimes your heart or head tells you to do something that you don't want to be what it is, you want to be wrong about that little voice in your head. But you are so afraid that you are right.
Life calls for courage. It calls for courage when you are unsure or afraid, it calls for a leap of faith sometimes. It calls for going out on a limb it calls for going against the grain, against the norm, it calls for some blind faith.
It calls for doing the best that you can, even when the path that you are on may not be the one that you choose to lead.
 
Food
Ok, there is no excuse that I totally forgot to take pics of most of what I ate today. Ah, that was my bad but I will still share.
BREAKFAST
I had my Shake-o with coffee, Coconut/Almond blend milk, and some vanilla and hazelnut flavoring.
 
MID-MORNING SNACK
Gluten Free Oatmeal made with coconut/almond blend milk/ chia seeds
mixed berries and peaches
chopped pecans with Gluten Free mini chocolate chips
2 eggs
 
LUNCH
For lunch, I had some mixed greens, black beans, salsa, grass fed beef (steak).
 
MID-AFTERNOON SNACK
Special K Popcorn Chips, Ham & Turkey (Hormel Naturals, GF); watermelon, cantaloupe
 
DINNER
Apple sauce, Udi's GF Vanilla Artisan granola w/ Coconut/Almond milk blend
 
POST WORKOUT
Muscle Milk Dark Chocolate Protein Shake with coco/almond milk blend
 
The Workout
Well, again, like I say it is the FINAL WEEK of the 21DF. This is the week that they suggest that you double up on your workouts. It says to do them different times of the day, but honestly I can't really do that. I have tried the getting up early thing to do this and so far I have been unsuccessful with that..sooo, I have just done two back to back the last two days. Yesterday was leg day and then I did the Plyo (which was so very, very stupid. But in my defense I didn't know what Plyo WAS before I put it in!)
So today was Pilates day regularly. It suggested that you do Cardio with it, but look, I'm not a huge cardio fan and I was tired and like everyone else in AMERICA, cardio is not my favorite thing. What I want to do is work on my arms so I did the Pilates and upper fix. So really my top and bottom got a workout.
Work ran late today so it was late when I got through. I didn't run tonight I was just tired. I know that's an excuse, but you know. It happens sometimes.
Tomorrow is the 4th of July and we have a show. I can tell you right now that if those Mennonite people are there selling fresh donuts I WILL be having one! LOL.
But my plan is to get up early and do my running and then my workouts and then be on with my day. I'm not watching the boys so I don't have to be in a huge hurry.
I have 5 days left. I doubt that I will do the last 3 days eating plan thing, but I think that I am going to do a water weight flush from Cellucor (L2) to get the most definition that I can before next week.
Almost there!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment