Saturday, July 5, 2014

The 5th Sure Ain't the 4th

Today is one of those days.
 I woke up and went back to sleep this morning about 3-4 times. I FINALLY got up when my body said that it thought it could handle some form of functioning. (I cannot lie it was about 1PM) I didn't FEEL like doing anything. As I surveyed the mountain of laundry in my room that needs washed and thought about the 3 baskets of laundry downstairs that need to be put away, the living room and hall that haven't been swept in a week, the groceries that need to be purchased, the quiz I need to study for, the paper I have to write, places I want to be, people I want to be with, the exercise that is on tap for me today...Good Lord, PLEASE NOT the exercise videos.
Yesterday I had planned on doing another one when I got home. Yeah, I didn't. It's doubles week already and so it's Dirty 30 and Pilates it should be. I hate the Pilates video because I have some unknown malady with my right hip and it hurts it. I do it because I know that it may help stretch the hip out, but I don't like it. I NEED to do the cardio I missed yesterday because I know that it will help make up for the homemade doughnuts and pretzels that I got from the Mennonites yesterday (good heavens, the pretzels and donuts).
 
Yeah, so the day started like that. I wanted to just put on some shorts or a bathing suit and go lay outside. Or just watch Netflix all day or something. But I knew that I couldn't. For a number of reasons.
1. The floor NEEDS swept.
2. I NEED clean clothes.
3. Toilet Paper is a but of a necessity.
4. I made a commitment and I know that I will feel better after I do the exercise.
 
We all have those days and I am certainly no exception.  Even the thought of doing anything today seemed overwhelming. It's something that I have struggled with for a long time and I probably will struggle with forever. But I got up. I will go about my business and I will try to make the most of it because the fact is:
I woke up.
I could move when I got up
I had food to eat
I have clothes that have to be washed
I have a home that needs to be cleaned
I have a phone and the internet to stay in touch
I have  body that is strong to get me through the exercise
I have intelligence to do work
I have the ability to get an education
 
That doesn't mean I'm not still in a funk today. But it gives me reminders that even on days when I feel my worst, I should give it my best.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment