Sunday, July 6, 2014

21 Day Fix: Day #17 Festival Food: Day #18: It Was a Sh**ty Day (You Can Workout)

Day 17:
It's the 4th of July! I did good today. I got up early, I got in my workouts. I skimped on my food because I knew that we had a show tonight and it was at the 4th of July Celebration in Greeneville, TN and I KNEW who would be there...
The Mennonites, oh, the Mennonites! Those glorious makers of all things delicious. They would be there with their homemade donuts and pretzels that were about the closest thing to Heaven that I have known.
Let's face it, festival food is like, the best food ever.
I partook.
I had 1.5 donuts and I had a whole pretzel (in two halves). It was so great. Not to mention the awesomeness that was a footlong corndog.
Festival food.
Gotta love it!

*************************************************

I've had a horrible day. I mean bad. I mean like I don't feel like being awake and breathing bad. I had a panic attack in Walmart, then I finally got to the check out and their card reader wasn't working by then I was so freaked out I had to just leave and leave my groceries. I got to the car and cried and did some deep breathing exercises. I finally got home and swept and mopped the den and hall (I even moved the couches!) then put away some clothes in my room and washed some. I took a little detour from that to try on some clothes and was pleasantly surprised to find a pair of jeans that I hadn't worn in like 3 years that I actually dug out of my give away pile FIT! Still a little tight but I mean when I put them in the give away they didn't button.
 
My eating today was NOT in line with my 21DF plan. I had like 3 mini honey buns Mom sent home last time I went in (I TOLD her I didn't want those things!) I had to go to the store and when I went I got a Hershey bar...and ate it of course. I didn't feel like doing my workouts I just felt like crying. And I did.. on my dog.
 
Well then I started feeling bad that I didn't do my exercises today and how I was accountable to everyone on here and everything and I was thinking that I didn't have anything to post on my #100happydays thing because NOTHING had made me happy today....ok, well the Hershey bar had made me a little happy at the time but not after I ate it.
 
So all that was leading up to this point. SURROUNDING YOURSELF WITH PEOPLE WHO LIFT YOU UP AND SUPPORT YOUR LIFESTYLE CHANGE IS KEY TO YOUR SUCCESS. Why did I put that in all caps. When I got my Fitbit I made a few new friends from that community. One I have become well, near best friends with. The other day they were having a bad day and most of you know that I am a 'fixer'. I like to fix things and people and when I can't I get frustrated. I was frustrated because I couldn't do anything to help their situation...their reply text?
 
You can workout.
 
Here I am belly-aching because I couldn't make things better for them and what do they say to me?
 
You can workout.
 
So today, while I was wallowing in my shittyness and feeling sorry for myself and being so certain that I was going to have to lie about something on my 100 happy days I kept hearing their voice (even though it came by text) saying, "You can workout".
 
And you know what? I thought it would make them a little proud to know that like they did when things were bad, today when I felt helpless and pissed and angry and anxious and all the millions of things that I was feeling today...I could work out.
 
So, I did.
 
And the DVD wasn't working. I spent almost an hour working with that. I could have given up and said eff it, it's not meant to be I'm not dealing with this, but I didn't. Because I hear them saying, "You can work out."
 
So I did my workout for today. Then I did the 10 min ab. Then I did cardio, then I did upper and before I knew it I had done it for an hr and 40 minutes and if it wasn't now 230 I probably would have done another one.
 
What those words said in a situation where they made no real sense were exactly what I needed to hear. I guess in a way keeping someone you care about motivated is a way to make yourself feel better, besides you never know when they may need to hear you say, "You can workout" when it has nothing to do with anything so they remember it when it had everything to do with something.
 
If you are feeling like crap today. If things are hard, if you got bad news, if your depression is showing its ass, if you got bad news...relieve yourself of that burden...how? Well...
You can workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment