Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Comeback

 
 
You want to know what started this whole thing?
It was this song.
This song completely changed my life.
***************
Now if you follow me on Instagram or anything at all you are probably aware that I have an, umm, infatuation with Mark Kasprzyk. (The front man from Redlight King). It has nothing to do with the fact that he is gorgeous...well, it has little to do with that fact, but it has everything to do with his story.
It has everything to do with him fighting back from disappointment and from addiction and making it and being successful. It has everything to do with him being an inspiration to me and his lyrics being inspiring.
That's why this song meant so much to me.
Mark had cowriters on this song but the message that it gives is the same. I have lived that message. I have lived every word of this song and it inspired me.
It inspired me to make a comeback of my own. So much so that I had the word tattooed on my wrist so that I can always see it and remember why I'm doing what I'm doing. To make a comeback. It inspired me to help other people make their own comeback. I have some big plans for this and they may happen and they may not but I am going to do the best I can to make it happen.
*********************
My personal comeback is still happening. It will probably take a long time to achieve, but I get closer everyday. I went back to school and I have busted my butt there, I applied and was accepted to graduate school at UT, I started to take control of my health. I can see myself changing and I can see my comeback happening.
 
What kind of comeback do you want to make?
Have you lost yourself along the way too? Have you been down those dead end roads? Do you know what it's like to not have a friend even when your "friends" are right beside you?
Make your own comeback.
It will not be easy.
You will have to fight like hell.
But YOU CAN DO IT!
If he can do it, if I can do it. So can you.
The only thing that is stopping you is yourself.
 
Oh, there will be hard days. I'm doing my second round of the 21 Day Fix and even then I have days when I may eat not so good things (have you ever heard of Chocodiles? I just discovered them), when I don't feel like doing my workouts, when I just feel like poop.
But I remember that I'm working on a comeback. I'm proving everyone wrong. I'm giving the world the finger.
 
Maybe that is what comebacks are really about. Giving a little F-U to the world and all the people and things that have held you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment