Wednesday, July 9, 2014

21 Day Fix: Day #21: The Yellow Brick Road

21 Day Fix: Day #21: The Yellow Brick Road
 
 
When you start on a new 'diet' or exercise plan it usually starts something like this:
 
 
 Oh my yes. You are so excited and skipping along merrily. "Follow the yellow brick road, follow the yellow brick road!" All the way to see the health wizard. Oh, you don't know him? Well he is a magical fellow that can but wave a wand the likes of which Harry Potter himself could not compare and you will be lean and healthy and in peak physical condition with all of those things that we love to see in men and women.
Yeah, like the story, it's a fairy tale.

The real road to change is more like this.
 FYI, I really thought that "Return to Oz" was pretty frightening.
Anyway. See we want to think that things will be rosy and bright on our trip to the Wizard who will make everything right. We just want to make everything right, we want to go back to the comfort zone place called 'home'. Oh, yes, we may face some flying monkeys and an evil witch who is pissed because you smooshed her sister with a house, but they are nothing, NOTHING compared to those Wheelers in Oz II.
Terrifying.
 
See there is no yellow brick road that you can just follow to happiness and your dreams coming true.
There is no wizard.
No one's road is the yellow brick road anymore. Sure it was at one time, but life changes your road. It breaks it up, gives it chug holes and flaws like in Oz II. The crazy thing though is that even though the road is broken and may be completely wrecked in places... IT STILL LEADS HOME.
It still will lead you where you want to go.
The way isn't as easy. You will meet freaky rock people and scaryass Wheelers and maybe even a scream inducing little chicken that talks; but you will get there. You can get there.
 
My road to get to here was the Oz II road, not the Oz road. My road is no longer fresh and knew. My road has been torn up by heartache and let downs and being done wrong. It's been torn up by lies and failures and just, you know, crap happening. But that doesn't mean that I should stop following it. It isn't as easy to follow, but it still leads me where I need to go and that was to my home. To my place that I longed to me. To the true me.
 
You have to follow your yellow brick road. It may not be in perfect condition but it will still lead you where you need to go. It won't be a magical experience, it will be hard as hell in fact. But you must still go on.
Sing that song in your mind no matter what your road looks like now.
 
If you can't remember the Munchkin song, you can always sing this one
Sorry, this is one of my favorite songs of all time.
 
 FOOD
Breakfast I had my Shakeology with some PB2 and a Banana, made with water..
MID MORNING SNACK
2 boiled eggs, Van's GF Blueberry Waffle, Frozen Peaches and Mixed berries
 
LUNCH
Have I talked about how this plan wants you to eat 800 MILLION veggies? I am almost always short on them. This is 3 GREEN of spinach, a serving of ham and turkey, some shredded cheese and dressing.
MID-AFTERNOON SNACK (old reliable...nuff said)
DINNER
Ok, so I had a good dinner. I was down to 1 RED (protein) and 2 YELLOW (carbs). I usually don't wait until the end of the day to get in the carbs, but because I wasn't doing my exercise until after dinner I wanted to save them a little to give me that boost in my workout.
I will go ahead and tell you straightout that this was mac and cheese (even though I had already had my cheese for the day). Mac and cheese without the cheese is just mac and I had nothing else to put on it.
And yes, those are brussles sprouts on my plate. I think this was my first time ever eating them. I fixed them easily. I got a bag of frozen. Cooked them the recommended time, tossed with some seasoning and then threw them in the oven on low broil until they got a little toasty. They actually were not bad.
So for my whole dinner I had some steak (broiled) GF mac, and cheese, and roasted brussles sprouts. (just 1 green because as you can see that was a TON of them anyway!)

 
The Workout
Seeing how it was the last day I did a little extra today. The scheduled was Upper body. I did upper body, the 10 min ab, Dirty 30, and Pilates. I strongly dislike Pilates. My core is weak and flabby and I have for some unknown reason, pain and limited range of motion in my right hip, which makes it difficult some.
Anyhoo....I'm excited to do my final measurements and everything tomorrow and then dig into round 2!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment