Sunday, June 22, 2014

21 Day Fix: Day #4: What's Your Deal?

21 Day Fix: Day #4

What's your deal?
You will probably get that from more than one person when you make the decision to live a healthful life.
Your spouse will probably complain about the food you fix, your friends may be embarrassed or put off when you pull out your containers or when you don't go out with them for drinks after work. Your family may not understand when you run them out of the room or house so you can do your 30 minutes...and so what?
Remember that this decision was YOURS and it was about YOU. Hopefully you didn't decide to get healthy for anyone but yourself. If you did, I would suggest that you take another look at your reasons and your priorities.
What I'm trying to get you to realize and remember is that there will be people who don't understand, spouses who complain, old friends with your old habits that you may not be able to be around anymore. That is true of breaking any habit. We all have seasons in our lives. Some people are in our lives only for a season and then they move on. Some people move in and out with the seasons and then there are some that remain forever.
If you have one of those moments when the season changes because you have chosen a different road than they have, that is okay. Everyone and everything that we do teaches us something new, it places little marks on our heart and on our lives and we learn from it or we grow from it.
I saw a quote today from F. Scott Fitzgerald that says, "I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."
Starting over does take strength. Leaving those people and those situations behind is hard. People (even those that you called friends) may not understand why you are all of a sudden changing and leaving them behind or just doing something different.
They will say, "What's your deal??"
 Don't be afraid to stand by your decision, don't be pressured by people who don't understand. Your deal is YOUR deal. It's the decisions that you have made to make your life the best that it can be. Be proud of your deal! 
 
FOOD
It's Saturday, so I slept in this morning. Got up about 10 and then piddled around and didn't get ready to eat until about 11. I wanted to maybe cook something but decided that I had things to do so I would just get my Shake-o in for the day and them maybe do some breakfast food as a mid-'morning' (which will actually be afternoon) snack.
 
BREAKFAST
Chocolate Peanut-butter Banana Chip
 
RECIPE
1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
4-5 ice cubes
about 8oz water
1/2 banana
1 TABLESPOON peanut-butter
2 tsp. Chocolate chips
 1 RED; 1 PURPLE; 5 TEASPOONS
 
 
LUNCH
Because it was so late when I had breakfast I kind of skipped my mid-morning snack and went to lunch instead.
 
RECIPE
1 Van's GF Blueberry Waffle
Frozen Peaches, Laura Lynn
Cascadia Farms Organic Blueberries
Cascadia Farms Organic Raspberries
Tomato
Spinach
Ground Turkey, cooked
 (I used the left over turkey from the pasta last night)
2 eggs, beaten
 
Chop spinach and tomato and put in a small skillet along with your turkey. Cook down until spinach is wilted. Add in eggs.  

Doesn't it look great? It was! I don't care what people say eating better does not have to mean eating rice cakes and raw veggies at every meal. (Well, maybe the veggie thing!)
2 RED; 1 YELLOW; 1 GREEN; 1 PURPLE
 
 
MID-AFTERNOON SNACK
2 GREEN; 1 RED; 1 YELLOW; 1 ORANGE
Quick and easy snack, still trying to get in the dreaded veggies that never end. Ugh.
 
RECIPE
Broccoli slaw mix
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (Boathouse Farms, GF)
Hormel Naturals GF Turkey
Sweet Potato
 
DINNER
There is a rumor that circulates that says that if you are on a healthy eating plan that you can't eat out or still eat "fun" foods or things that you like. Well, let me tell you this is crap. It is true that you have to be more AWARE of what you are eating, but you can still eat out.
Today my wonderful sister-in-law and her kiddos came to visit. We wanted to take them out to our new favorite place, Pachanga's. It's a Mexican place out on Cherokee Lake. I almost stressed about this. But I said to myself they have steamed veggies, they have rice, beans, meat. It will be fine.
And it was!
I just took my containers and I customized my order. I measured everything in the containers and then added it together and I got this delicious and still in my eating plan meal! Ah, it was great. I'm ending my day short on veggies, but I'm not heart broken over that. HA!
WHAT I HAD
Chicken, Steak & Shrimp Fajitas with NO peppers, onions, or tomatoes
rice
steamed veggies
cheese sauce
salsa
black beans
 
2 RED; 1.5 YELLOW; 1 GREEN; 1/2 PURPLE; 1 BLUE
 
 
LATE NIGHT SNACK
I was actually coming up short today. Short on fruit, veggies, and even carbs. Since we had kids in the house I decided to make some cookies, and sneak in healthy cookies without them knowing! Hey, if I'm making them I want to be able to eat them!
This is a recipe from the 21 Day Fix Eating Plan guide that you get. It's applesauce, oats, chocolate chips, pecans. Super easy and quick to put together and they are pretty tasty. 2 cookies is a serving and will take the place of a YELLOW container. Because I only had 1/2 a yellow left, I just had one. I doubled the recipe since we had company and found that I had to add more oats than they called for (they were too wet otherwise) and bake them for a longer time as well. It said cook till firm, but mine weren't getting very firm. I'm trying at 25 minutes instead of 15.
 
1/2 YELLOW
 
The Workout
Today was Dirty 30. This had me worried. It was one of my favorites so far! You do a lot with weights, which I like and there isn't as much leg stuff. (My legs STILL hurt by the way, but now they are joined by my lower abs!).
There hasn't been a day yet that I haven't sweated. That sweat hasn't rolled down my face. I have learned that I love sweat, sweat is my friend, it I my release...and I love him. There are a few floor exercises that also give you a break at least from standing. Only twice did I have to modify. Once was on a floor exercise when you are on your back. My mat is really thin and doing it like she showed was just hurting my lower back, so I did the modification and then on one toward the end I also did a modification as well.
Dirty 30 gets a BIG thumbs up. I was sweaty and tired and my arms hurt a little but at least I wasn't convinced that I was going to die and the time went fairly quickly actually.
Tomorrow is YOGA DAY! YAY!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment